Malaysian Ringgit and Spare Days


To paraphrase Mark Ronson's song 'Pretty Green'... I've now got a pocket full of pretty Malaysian Ringgit! I switched money earlier in the week (mainly to save my spending all of it before I leave) and I can't stop wanting to rip it out of the little plastic bag and admire it. And it goes without saying; but thanks to our aussie dollar being so strong at the moment, the mere amount that I converted has left me with probably more than enough to fill my belly when required, drink cocktails aplenty and see plenty of sights!


I'm not sure exactly what it is about holding foreign currency that is so exciting to me, but I think the promise of all the things that await when in possession of it is the essence of it all. Knowing that those colourful little bits of paper are the key to a whole array of different experiences and memories is a pretty cool thing. And not just that, holding the currency of a mysterious and foreign place makes it all real. I'm REALLY getting on a plane in just under a week's time and heading to an exotic and unexplored location to do what I love. Until now it's just been a magical dream. Now, the countdown is really on.


So some little updates before we head off; We have had our fourth participant announced; Kieron! So congrats to him. We've all been tweeting and facebooking away and I can tell that not only are the four of us going to get along like crazy, but we're going to have an amazing time away! We are also going to be joined by Lucy, a fifth winner through Travelscene Echuca's page.


Now for the really fun part... Our itinerary is in!


14th April

Emirates from Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur (0235 / 0900)

Private transfer from airport to Parkroyal KL – operated by Asian Overland

1.45 - 2pm Kuala Lumpur City Tour

Rest of afternoon at leisure

7.30pm: dinner hosted by Parkroyal KL


15th April

Buffet breakfast included

10-1pm Malaysian Home Cooking Class including lunch -


Afternoon free

6.30-10.15 pm Kuala Lumpur night tour including cultural show and dinner


16th April

Buffet breakfast included

day to yourself / explore / shop

MUST DO: Foot Master Fish Spa

Lunch / dinner


17th April

buffet Breakfast included

checkout 11am

Private group transfer to airport - operated by Asian Overland

Emirates from Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne (1530 / 0105)


<br>

So, as you can tell it's looking like we are going to have a fair bit of spare time. Having never been to Malaysia before, I'm throwing it out to everyone as to what we should do in this time! Have you been to KL before, and have some favourite must-see spots? Then now is your time to share! If you have any recommendations we would love to hear them... chuck a comment below or contact me on twitter and help me have the most amazing trip away ever!



7 sleeps to go!



Mim.x

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment